This book relates the history of Williamsport, as well as many towns and boroughs of Lycoming County. Williamsport, a struggling frontier village that grew into a town with a taste for success, eventually molded itself into a magnetic and vibrant city. Thousands were employed as lumberjacks, and others worked in sawmills, planing mills, or furniture factories that processed the lumber. Until 1894, lumber was the county’s main industry. Inevitably, the mountainsides were denuded and floods toppled the remaining lumbering companies.
Williamsport: Boomtown on the Susquehanna
Buy it on Amazon!
Join my Circle of Authors & Writers
Join my Circle of Writers & Authors and receive six FREE writing resources. Your freebies include:
- 21-Day Writing Sprint Challenge
- Secrets of Success from 25 Bestselling Authors
- Time Management Grid System
- Self-Publishing Business Checklist
- A Useful Guide to Free Photos, Media & More
- Getting Published